Experimental "studio" setup

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whats everyone think about this one?
Phalorchids1.jpg

Looks great! How'd you do it? Soft petals but sharp outlines and lovely lighting. Great range of highlights and shadows I think.

And give people time to look. I wouldn't expect many views or replies at this time of night.

sorry, i know that, it says theres 78 people viewing this gallery and it went for 45 minutes with only one view (and i think they all start with one view) i just didnt know if i accidentally gave it a horrible title or what... thanks for your comment though!

i lit it from the front and sides with 2 shop lights, and used a black towel for a backdrop.

the views just jumped up to 25, im thinking there was a glitch in the forum...

i love orchids, they're beautiful flowers. but the colors in this picture aren't that vibrant. the white in the biggest flower is way too harsh for me. that combined with the black background ... this picture could be better i think.
just my two cents

Very nice image. I like the way the light drops off the back portion.

i was going for a little less vibrant than real life. I desaturated the greens and yellow just a little to make it look a little more sophisticated i guess. As for post processing, I did that, did a little burning on the main flower to try and bring out a little more detail (not enough?)

and brad- thanks for your comment, thats exactly what i was going for, so I'm glad it worked.

Phalorchids2.jpg

better? worse? let me know

I like the colors in the first one better. :)

Most reactions

Back