What's new

The "One Lens, One Body" Challenge

saintBen1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
usa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
: What’s your ultimate minimalist setup?
 
(Film Cams) Canon A2E w/ 35-80mm or Pentax MX w/ 50mm or 55mm.
 
Digital? Both fixed lenses: Fujifilm X-100T(35mm equiv); Ricoh GR II(28mm equiv).
Film? Nikon N90s+50/1.8 AFD.
 
Can't say that I have a minimalist setup. I am still at the stage where I carry more than I need. Maybe not on my person, but in the locked truck tool box. Came in handy yesterday when I wanted to do some close-up shots when I thought my choices for the day would have been wider angle landscapes. Was glad I had my macro stuff with me.
 
Guess I use my bags for easy-access storage, like you, in a safe spot in my car. Still, there not much there. Rarely now actually carry a bag. Pockets that once held film now tote batteries. Minimalism isn't just a fashion statement thing for me; rather, it's simply practical and tailored to what I'm mostly shooting these days. Whatever works to deliver the goods...
 
It's always been a version of not just one camera, but two, since way back in the day. Two bodies, two lenses, one loaded with Tri-X and the other loaded with Kodachrome. Half a century ago I preferred super zooms, like the 20-35/2.8 D which BTW cost me a fortune. Ha! Ha!
Now I would opt for two modest primes.
In a perfect world, one film camera, like a FM2n and a small sensor DSLR, D2X or D500. Each with a prime, 28mm 1:2.8 (around 45mm apparent on small sensor) and 135mm 1:2.8, easily handheld and relatively fast (200mm on a small sensor.) One would still shoot fast B&W film. The digital, color RAW. (The key here is that both cameras accept both lenses, and the lenses serve different roles, I've focal lengths on each, but could be swapped if needed.)
If límited to one camera, it be a toss up: Nikonos with a 35/2.5 or D850, or Df with Voigtlander 40/2.0 Ultron.
The Nikonos would be the bulletproof one. The Nikon DSLR would be the pleasure one, the one I shoot for me.
Hope this makes sense....
Great question BTW.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom