Critiques?

Everything's welcome, as always :)

1)
beachcolor.jpg

2)
beachbw.jpg

3)
flower2.jpg

I know #3 sucks especially, but what would i need to do to make them pictures better? As far as settings on the camera go, what settings do you think would make pictures better?

tia
Does anyone notice if Photobucket is killing colors?
I swear, the originals look better before they are uploaded... :confused:

use flickr...way better than photobucket

C&C per req:

1, 2. Good use of selective focus, DoF. The B&W conversion is nicely done but perhaps a bit under-exposed, especially in the foreground. I'd try brightening it by about 1/2 stop. Assuming this is a focusing exercise, I'll not comment on the remainder of the image.

3. This image doesn't "suck" at all. In fact, if you cropped the RH 1/3 off to eliminate the stem that's out of focus in the forground, you'd have a very nice image.

All on-line storage sites use compression of one sort or another, and will affect the quality of the picture. They're great for on-line viewing, but never store your good images there.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

For the first two pictures I might have dropped your camera a bit closer to the railing, to me it just seems that the whole picture except for a bit is out of focus, I understand that is what you are going for but you might be able to get a better DoF. Just an idea it might be wrong, but it's worth taking a shot!

If you placed something on the railing to be the subject, the first couple could be a lot better.... think still life photography. The in-focus area is so low in the frame, so much of the frame is out of focus, and the missing subject, urges my eyes to bring everything in focus thus creating a bit of a headache. A fishing real, rod, and contrasty lure hanging from a line comes to mind. Perhaps a steaming coffee mug with a newspaper hanging from the railing...

The last one is not too shabby. Just a little crop and you are good to go. You can be creative even if you are just experimenting.

thank you very much all!!! really appreciate the feedback!:)

will need to crop the third one..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back