experimenting with curves C&C please

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Aside from some blown out areas from the direct sunlight, any suggestions on what I could do differently? Is my reflection in his eyes distracting and if so, how would I go about fixing that? Is this a good use of curves or overdone or...just any feedback would be helpful..first time messing with curves.
anthonycurves.jpg

the original:
SavannahEaster114.jpg

thanks for any comments

WHen you say curves...are you referring to the fact that the boys face is round...or do you mean colour curves? lol

WHen you say curves...are you referring to the fact that the boys face is round...or do you mean colour curves? lol
:lol:
I'm experimenting with making adjustments in curves in photoshop.
(after typing that I'm wondering if that was a serious question? :p)

I like your conversion here, and in the conversion it is no longer as apparent as in the colour photo that you can be seen in his eyes. It is fairly distracting in the colour version, though, since he has a whole landscape reflected there. ;) You played nicely with the curves (those in Photoshop! ;)), the hot spot on his nose is gone and the shadows are flattened, which works fine with his dark, expressive eyes. And all that is reflected in them is no longer of any importance, it only adds to their liveliness, if this can be said like that!?

Beautiful child!!!

Thanks everyone! :blushing:

I felt like the color version was falling a little flat, so I'm glad my attempts were successful. Just being on this forum has already taught me so much!

Most reactions

Back