Experimenting with Portraits

Cricketboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got bored and wanted to see what my little sanyo xacti cam could do. It was designed more for video, and it takes excellent videos, but mediocre quality still photos. My light set up is... really cheap, I used a bright warm toned fluorescent light on the left, 2 blueish/daylight fluorescent ceiling lights, and an incandescent desk lamp on the right, and no flash. I also used sheets of copy paper to kind of diffuse and dampen the bright light on the left! :blushing:

Anyway I would like some C&C on these. This is the first time I tried setting up some lights and doing a person (me) for a subject.

I set the white balance manually, and used auto for the rest, which ended up ~1/30, f3.5, and ISO 200.

sany0292.jpg

sany0293b.jpg

sany0304v.jpg

hummm...

too noise, the shadow are ugly i think.

compo is boring.
sorry !

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll continue to experiment with lighting and white balance. The slight blurriness cannot be avoided, the camera sucks, no it's not me, the camera literally is terrible. It focuses right but, the sensor is not of good quality or something is off and always results in a slightly blurry/soft image. It's not a DSLR, it's a video camera that can take manual still photos.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back