Exposition Shots, What do you think? Which is your favorite?

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EDIT: Completely got rid of the old thread stuff to simplify it a tad.

Let me just ask this, for a photo that is supposed to mix art and science (in this case of the plant vascular system) and will be seen in a gallery setting, what do you think? Is it visually interesting enough?

My goal was to show off the vascular system while still letting the leaf exhibit its own curves and textures. I wanted the presentation to be plain and simple, but still visually compelling.

SAS40-3 by TogaLive, on Flickr

Thanks!

Toga

If you want to see more leaf shots.

Last edited:
Ok so since the first attempt went 65 and 0 as far as squeezing any CC out of people, I edited the thread and simplified it so there are less images. Any CC you all could provide on the new shot would be greatly appreciated!

Note: Yes, I did purposely blow out the edges with the flash.

hi, I must have missed the original thread. I like the photo. It does clearly show the leaf's 'vascular' system...if that is really what it's called? I think the form is pleasing as well. It is only a 2 color image, green and yellow. Did you have more halo and clean it up?

hi, I must have missed the original thread. I like the photo. It does clearly show the leaf's 'vascular' system...if that is really what it's called? I think the form is pleasing as well. It is only a 2 color image, green and yellow. Did you have more halo and clean it up?

Understandable, I posted it lastnight around 1AM PST and by this morning it was at the bottom of the page, so it would have been an easy miss. Glad you like it! I'm hoping the bright green will help it hop off the gallery wall a bit if this is the one I settle on. As for the halo, not really. The flash was directly behind the leaf about a foot or so, and the bright white is actually the fine hairs on the leaf being lit, not entirely flash overspill. Also really the only thing done in post was lowering shadows as a whole to ensure the background was a uniform black.

Anyone else mind tossing their opinion in? ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back