exposure problem

For the past year, or two, I would constantly underexpose a photo. Why ?
Because I thought it was correct in the exposure. But all the pro's and other people would see that it was underexposed.
It's taken me a long time to push myself up the ladder of exposure to get it "right" and brighter.
It was more getting it "right" in my brain though.

But I do have to say, they were right. I enjoy the photos much more now than in the past, and even going back to old photos and pushing up the exposure has made them more enjoyable.

FYI - I learned alot by using the "auto" button in LR. BUt you have to look at what sliders it changed, then press ctrl-Z undo it (or hit the RESET button) and fiddle with each slider it did to understand what they mean.

It's been a long road of learning and understanding, but so far I've had alot off fun and have gotten better.
Just so you know ... it's not an overnight thing. :thumbup:

View attachment 82418
this is auto correct in lr

LR improved the photo by adjusting that histogram as I did. Here's the LR histogram:

$hist_duck_lr.jpg

LR and I don't agree about how to do that and LR left a decent black point out of your photo. Don't push the auto button in LR. :wink:

Joe

thanks for everyones help. it would have taken forever for me to figure all of this out on my own. I don't quite understand everything w histograms. and I just use windows software to transfer photos. is there a software I that is better to use than others. I just plug in the camera w a usb and it automatically transfers. I haven't messed w white balance and metering modes yet. I definitely have a lot of work to figure this all out.

Use the LIGHTROOM IMPORT button ...

I didn't know you could do that straight from your camera.

If you have your camera connected to the computer via the USB, the computer will identify the camera as a file storage source.
In the LIBRARY mode in Lightroom, then IMPORT (bottom left), in the top left you select your import source.

I think that's the screen layout

Most reactions

Back