Exposure Problem

Passion4Film

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a new Canon Rebel K2 35mm camera.

When I go into M mode, the exposure is at -2 no matter what I do to try to get it back to 0. None of the other settings (Av, Tv, etc.) have this problem - they are all at 0 and stay at zero.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong to change the +/- - I'm following the manual's instructions and it says I set it to 0 but when I get back to the main screen and try to shoot, it blinks -2.

Help!

In M mode you have to find the perfect pair of aperture/shutter until you get that 0.
You might be also trying to shoot in low light conditions with a low ISO film.

Skylined said:
In M mode you have to find the perfect pair of aperture/shutter until you get that 0.
You might be also trying to shoot in low light conditions with a low ISO film.

Oh, see I thought I could control that in Manual.

I'm using 400 film and the light conditions aren't that bad. I guess I'll ask my teacher.

Passion4Film said:
Oh, see I thought I could control that in Manual.

I'm using 400 film and the light conditions aren't that bad. I guess I'll ask my teacher.

You can control it. In manual you have to set your aperture, and your shutter speed, based off of what your meter is telling you. You have to make the decision on what you want to control most, depth of field, or motion blur. If you are using ISO 400 film, you should be able to shoot in most situations with no problem. What is your aperture set to? Check and make sure you don't have it set to f/22 or something very small, which could make it difficult to get enough light to your film. Maybe your shutter is set to 1/4000 also. What scene are you attempting to shoot, and what settings are you using?

Thanks for the reply, Matt!

My problem was that I was reading the meter wrong - I didn't realize it was the meter! LOL

I wasn't trying to shoot much of anything but my living room, just kind of testing settings.

Thanks for the reply, though - we went over all that in class today in detail, so I'm good in that respect. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back