Exposure settings

I see what you are saying. I did not take into account that you can also use Matrix with manual which as you stated does take you to the same place, metering wise.

But still do not agree with using Manual for inexperienced photographers.
They have enough to learn without having to manually set exposures on the camera when the camera is capable of doing it on it's own.

Personally, I think it should be 'required' that when you start taking photos, it should be in full manual..... shutter, aperture, ISO and even white balance and focus.

Exposure is such a basic component of the art that it should be taught from the git-go, not letting the camera do all the thinking until later on. Starting off with everything figured for you turns the Magic Green Auto into a crutch. Otherwise, we'll have millions of MWACs.

Oh, wait..... we already do.

Personally, I think it should be 'required' that when you start taking photos, it should be in full manual..... shutter, aperture, ISO and even white balance and focus.

Exposure is such a basic component of the art that it should be taught from the git-go, not letting the camera do all the thinking until later on. Starting off with everything figured for you turns the Magic Green Auto into a crutch. Otherwise, we'll have millions of MWACs.

Oh, wait..... we already do.

I hear what you are saying.

First things first....
1. Get a dslr
2. Business license
3. Get a client
4. Go on forum, ask how to use your camera and take pictures...
5. Go back to forum, ask how to deal with dissatisfied client..

6. Ask if a 50 mm f/1.8 is a good portrait lens.
7. Ask why all your photos taken from 3 feet away with the 50 mm at f/1.8 are blurry, no matter what you do.
8. Ask how much to charge.
9. Ask which el cheapo eBay lighting kit to get
10. Ask which lens to get next.

Most reactions

Back