Extend battery life

Hampus Lindman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

I currently own a nikon D500 and am planning to do some timelapses. The problem is that with my EN-EL15s i barely get 500 shots off before the battery is drained. Some people say they get 1500-2500 shots on one battery and others i´ve talked to have the same problem as me. I have airplane mode on.

I am planning to get the MB-D17 but how much is that going to help?

I also saw this: Ex-Pro On-The-Move 7600mAh Rechargeable Battery Power System replacing for use with Ex-Pro Coupler system for Canon, Nikon and Sony DSLR Cameras. - Ex-Pro Products Limited

Would that work/ be compatible with the D500? And how long will it keep the camera going?

One factor to consider in battery life is the size and number of your files. If you are saving Raw + jpeg large, and duplicating that on the other card, then the battery life will be short.

The reviews of the MB-D17 say you get about twice the battery life, which stands to reason, given that you're using two batteries.

One factor to consider in battery life is the size and number of your files. If you are saving Raw + jpeg large, and duplicating that on the other card, then the battery life will be short.

The reviews of the MB-D17 say you get about twice the battery life, which stands to reason, given that you're using two batteries.

I shoot RAW only, saving to the cards sequentially.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back