extension tube for mamiya m645

having another issue. finally got the film loaded. wound it to "1" and took a shot. it would not wind to "2" it just kept winding until the whole roll was wound. took the film loader out. when its set to multiple exposure mode, it will wind, click, and i can fire the shutter. does this every time just fine. when it is in regular mode, it will wind, click, and then the winder knob will just keep on spinning forever and i cannot fire the shutter. if i put it BACK in multiple exposure, the winder knob will spin, click, and I can fire the shutter. not entirely a happy camper.

Hmm. You had it in the correct position for loading film, which is in the Multi position (not yet aligned with the white dot on top). Once you put the film holder in place, only then do you move the knob up to the white dot - and then, you wind the crank until it stops and you see "1" in the counter window.

When the film is out of the camera, you move it back to Multi so you can fire the shutter just as you described, so that part sounds fine. I'm wondering if you moved the knob before you put the film holder in, and advanced the crank?

tried that, it did not work. it advances to "1", shutter fires, and then the advance knob just keeps spinning and the dial doesnt go to the next number.

Now we know why this camera made its way to eBay...

Oh...it's headed to e-Bay alright...very,very soon...

Regardless, it's fixable. I'm also noticing that film advance knob (mine has the crank that sticks out). That's a swappable part (accessory) and could be suspect. The beauty of this camera is that there simply aren't a whole lot of moving parts. If you bought it from KEH they'll make it right. Even if you didn't, that's a great shop to consult with. I've had my own in there for a CLA. They can set you straight and someone will probably be glad to troubleshoot with you on the phone, too.

UPDATE! as stupid as this will sound to the veteran film people here. I BELIEVE the issue was how we were loading the film. (my only other film camera is cartridge film so roll film is new to me) after ruining a roll of B&W film, I re-rolled it to try again. with no luck. so...i was originally thinking that the little gear on the film cartridge wasn't turning the gear on the camera that turns the number dial. to test it, i stuck the roll in the cartridge but did NOT run the film to the other roller. instead, i left it just on the one side to see if it would turn the little gear when i spun the film. It did. then i put it in the camera, again, just to see of it would turn the dial. when I "advanced" the film, dial went to "1" and the shutter released. turned the dial again, number went to "2" and shutter released. and on again for a few more clicks. so..camera works fine. apparently i cannot load it properly despite having the friggen instruction manual. i swear it looks like it was loaded right the last few times i tried loading the dummy roll, but it would not advance the dial. so...now i am at a loss as to how to properly load this thing. just got in a few rolls of color film and i really dont want to ruin them.
at least the camera itself is fine and it is just a ID10T user error.

I know I'm a broken record when saying this, but...this is how we learn! :razz: You figured it out by yourself and you won't make that mistake again. Of more importance is that the camera is functioning properly and you do NOT have a problem. :cheer:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back