Extension tubes

borisnikon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at extension tubes for my nikon d3100 so I can do better macro photography. The problem is what tubes to get and wether it's worth it or not. There are the kenko ones that are £150 from jessops or these ones that I found on eBay. Auto Focus Macro Extension Tube For NIKON AF AF-S DX FX Are the tubes on eBay worth it or are they a pile of rubbish? Thanks for your help!

Judging by your copy & paste of the item description, I'd say they're either the same tube I have, or identical tubes just rebranded. I don't do much macro work, so I opted for a set of tubes instead of spending the bucks on a 'real' macro lens (although Christmas is coming soon...... hint,hint........ you hear that, Mr. Clause?). They do have a little play in them when all of them are stacked together, so I wouldn't suggest using all 3 and then popping on a huge tele lens.

But I typically use just one tube, and lens movement isn't an issue. I got mine from one of the forum sponsors, LinkDelight, for about $60.

It's on eBay for £40 so I thought ever if they are a load of rubbish its not the end of the world but the kenko ones are a little to expensive

Same ones I have.

Kenkos are some of the better quality (read that as reliable) tubes.. although some of the cheaper clones will work also (as mentioned). You might also consider the Raynox DCR250 or something similar. Pretty amazing quality and inexpensive too! :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back