external flash books

n.hubb22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just went and picked up an SB-700 last night for use on my D7000. I am completely aware that at this point i'm in over my head with this thing. I've read the manual and taken a fair amount of test shots around my house as of now.

I taught myself pretty much everything i know about photography (meaning i have no formal education in it) and of course you all on TPF!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good book that discusses the ins and outs of this flash / flash photography and whatnot. I seem to learn pretty good from reading books, forums and whatnot.

Thanks!

Strobist is a wealth of information.
Neil Van Niekerk has 2 books out on flash and they are fantastic!

You could check out 'The Hotshoe Diaries' by Joe McNally. Not really an instructional book, but a good read non-the-less.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Big Mike said:
You could check out 'The Hotshoe Diaries' by Joe McNally. Not really an instructional book, but a good read non-the-less.

I'll second that. Ive read through my copy three times now. The way joe describes the book is that he wants it to feel like "we" just got done with a shoot and "we" are sitting at the bar afterwards having a few drinks and going over how the shoot went. Very good, semi-informative, entertaining read.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
+1 for The Hotshoe Diaries. Very entertaining read.

Another +1 for Hotshoe Diaries. Great read and he uses Nikon/ETTL. If you like that, then check out "The Moment it Clicks" also by McNally.

Another + for the Hot Shoe Diaries, plus another from Joe "Numbnuts" McNally, "The Moment It Clicks". I can hardly wait for the new one, Sketching Light, to actually hit the shelves! Any day now!

Another + for the Hot Shoe Diaries, plus another from Joe "Numbnuts" McNally, "The Moment It Clicks". I can hardly wait for the new one, Sketching Light, to actually hit the shelves! Any day now!

There's a new book coming out? MUST GET!!!

There's a new book coming out? MUST GET!!!
I just got an email from Amazon saying it will be released on Dec 17th.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back