external flash issue

namiam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Sony R1 with a HVL-F32x external flash. Suddenly, the external doesn't work anymore. My settings in the menu are as when it worked before. I have cleaned the shoe fine. The flash still works when I press the "test" button and "modeling" button on the flash though.

Any ideas?

T.I.A.

Last edited:
Double check to make sure that the flash is fully seated on the hotshoe.

sorry about posting in the wrong section.

I have triple, even quadruple checked that the flash is fully seated in the hotshoe. The flash says "connected" when the camera is on. When I move the flash around the hotshoe just a tad, SOMETIMES it loses connection. But anyways, when it says "connected" the flash does not function correctly.

Have you by chance disabled external flash firing. Most bodies have something similar that will tun off flash firing, and will usually kill the hotshoe as well.

I have it setup just like it has on the owner's manual for the flash and the camera, and no flash still. I have also tightened the flash in the hotshoe pretty tight, but still no flash!

There are only 2 possibilities left:
  1. The body is not geneerating a trigger signal
  2. or the speedlight doesn't detect the trigger signal from the body.
Time to get out the multimeter to check there is in fact a trigger signal from the body, or send both in to Sony.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back