Extreme Sports Competition..

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well they call it the skate comp, but I didnt take any pics of the skaters... just the BMX and Inlines, cause they were the only ones doing anything impressive... heres a few of my favorites, and a link to the whole set....
1. Crazy Tweaked Whip
20080802-f85h8nd86pti4uy3j6beejkd76.jpg

2. Over Inverted Table Top
20080802-cpn4g2gxs6ni39icmgpqfkxhk2.jpg

3. 8' High Table Top (this guy got CRAZY air)
20080802-caigintu6c7k4cfsqxh69thh17.jpg

4.Left is Back Flip the Spine Right is a CRAZY Axe Up
20080802-et4typx8233hfyty32mt3jryai.jpg

and heres a link to the whole set:
http://homepage.mac.com/cburke5/Sites/otherphotos/CHComp/index.html

Nice! Maybe just a slight exposure & saturation boost in some, but great action work!

the background is sometimes distracting, would a wider aperture or lower angle have helped?

the background is sometimes distracting, would a wider aperture or lower angle have helped?

i totally agree. I was actually a judge for the competition, so during these runs I just ran out and found a place that I wouldnt get in their way. I would have loved to have had the time to run around and get sweet angles and such, but I had to judge the competition too.

Yeah in the first 3 the background seems a lot sharper than the intendd subject.

thats because its hard to pick a focus area to get the shot at the right time... so I focus on the background, then just as the competitor comes up and quickly adjust the focus so I can get him.. sometimes it works well, other times, not so much, but at least they arent out of focus.

BMX is hardly extreme sports :p
Try something that you can actually die in. I dont think ive ever heard of someone dieing from bmx...if it does happen...very rarely...

Maybe you should try cliff jumping without a parachute. BMX is crazy, what is extreme to you?

I consider extreme anything you can get REALLY hurt in, or die. BMX can be extreme, but isnt normally extreme in most cases...

I consider extreme anything you can get REALLY hurt in, or die. BMX can be extreme, but isnt normally extreme in most cases...

And how this relates to the phtography aspect of the thread.....hmmm...I am just not gettin it :thumbdown:

Nice action shots!!!.....would be a lot of cloning in PS to get rid of all those power lines though.

Wow your a moron.... Tell the guy on the green bike who left with his arm bent in half that bmx isn't an extreme sport...it's not if your just riding arou d but when your doing 8'hogh back flips I tend to find that extreme

BMX is hardly extreme sports :p
Try something that you can actually die in. I dont think ive ever heard of someone dieing from bmx...if it does happen...very rarely...

the X in XGames stands for extreme. BMX is a part of the xgames in diffrent forms.

skatepark style, halfpipe,street, and that long jump they do.

a name does not designate the definition of a word. Anyways, its just my opinion :)
BMX isnt extreme.

a name does not designate the definition of a word. Anyways, its just my opinion :)
BMX isnt extreme.

heres some BMX big jump from the xgames.
heres my opinion of extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back