Extreme Stringholding!

the string pulled so hard that the horizon tilted.

Is it crooked to make the girl not look like they are falling over? Thats just my guess.

Did Derrel just call you a racial slur slathered in dairy product?

I'm calling B.S. on the tilt shift... unless you're at a hill's crest or something. The foreground blur looks insanely fake and ends in a sharp edge...

It's not my favorite of yours, Bitter.. but maybe the concept is just over my head or something.

The tilt shift does feel very abrupt, but the tilt of the frame to bring the subject straight up and down gives the string a stronger lean which kinda gives off the illusion of more action (in the form of stronger wind during the shot). Whether intentional or not I think its a nice effect.

I guess an experiment is an experiment but I don't get it. I by no means hate it, it just doesn't do much for me. I've seen better photos get ripped apart in this place. Not everyone get's the same brutal honesty I guess.

Wait a second... She's not even holding the kite!

500px-Shopped.jpg

Try using a level for your next shot.
Theres a reason I left it that way. Can you figure out that reason?

I'm really interested in learning what the reasoning behind the tilt was. I've seen you post many abstract images before and can't help but feel that there is a link some how. To be brutally honest, this isn't my favorite photo of yours Bitter. With that said, I realize you were "toying around" and having fun. None-the-less, it is still far superior to what I could ever achieve and therefore, my C&C isn't worth a can of beans!

P.S. Is it just me or is there a light colored, blurred, vertical line vanishing above the subject's head? Could this be the original kite string in the picture? It looks like a bad cloning job or something... No offence (I'm probably way off base anyway). Furthermore, I can't see her eyes well enough but it almost appears that she is looking more forward and up and not to the her right as the string might suggest. Also, she appears to be pointing more forward than to her right as well...Was this girl even flying a kite in the original photo? Of course, I am assuming that there was some PP done to this photo before posting. Just an observation. Nothing more.

Cheers!
- Daniel

Last edited:
I'm really interested in learning what the reasoning behind the tilt was. I've seen you post many abstract images before and can't help but feel that there is a link some how. To be brutally honest, this isn't my favorite photo of yours Bitter. With that said, I realize you were "toying around" and having fun. None-the-less, it is still far superior to what I could ever achieve and therefore, my C&C isn't worth a can of beans!

Cheers!
- Daniel

Do you really believe that image is far superior to anything you could ever achieve? Throw the camera away, give it and the lenses to goodwill and end your photography quest now.
It's not better than anything you can capture! Trust me on that.
I looked around and saw some of Bitter's images. They are nice.
This one is a shot in the foot. Then he never came back and explained his experiment.
I think it was a test to see how many people would give him good critique and positive comments on a lousy image.

I still think he's making fun of Darrel.

Most reactions

Back