Eye Fatigue

nhsmitty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The problem...

I have tried trial versions of both Elements and Paint Shop Pro and both are great programs but both seem to give me eye fatigue/irritation. Seems that when I view photos with the Windows viewer/editor built into Vista on my laptop or using Picasa (on the laptop and PC) my eyes are OK. The only difference I can come up with is that the Windows editor and Picasa open larger viewing areas while both trial versions of PSE and PSP are smaller.

Does that make sense?

Questions...
Will the views be larger with purchased software versus the trial versions?

Maybe I am missing something, is there a way to view a larger full frame photo in PSE or PSP?

For editing sake, are the smaller views in PSE and PSP the correct viewing size versus the larger view in Windows (practicaly full screen) or Picasa (not quite full screen but good size viewing)?

I can surf the internet for hours reading and casually viewing photos of various sizes and not have this problem on either computer. Let me sit down to try and work in PSE or PSP and I'm not there very long before my eyes are killing me.

My monitor sizes are 15" on the laptop and 17" LCD on the PC. Is a larger monitor in my future if I want to use PSE or PSP?

HELP!! :confused:

OK.. Looks like I might have answered part of my own question. I need to move all the toolbars and extra stuff over out of hte way or get rid of it altogether. Kind of don't want to do that since I'm just starting out but it helps quite a bit.

System requirements of PSP state a monitor res. of 1024x768. My PC monitor's best resolution is 1280x1024. Do I leave it at the highest resolution for quality or match what PSP states. Looks as if PSP was developed with a widescreen in mind and my PC monitor is normal square type. PSP looks like crap on here at 1024x768.

All real photoshop products have a fullscreen view, I think PSE may have too. Try to hit "F" while PSE is open, or tab may work as well.

I run in 1024x768, but all toolbars / layers are docked off screen and come back in view with i move the mouse to the edge of the screen.

That's a minimum acceptable resolution. Always use the native resolution of your monitor for the best viewing.

I'm not sure about Elements, but a quick press of the Tab key removes or restores the tool bars in Photoshop.

If your editing programs have keyboard shortcuts, learn them.

1024x768 is what I run also. Probably the good option for you here.

If you have a LCD, the resolution should be set to your monitors native resolution. Eye fatigue is extremely common using any type of computer monitor for any extended amount of time. Using a computer monitor in a room with florescent lights will cause eye fatigue faster.

If you are trying to view the details of the photo zoom in, there is no way you will be able to make all adjustments zoomed all the way out, that would make anyones eyes bug out.

Thanks..

Getting the toolbars under control worked great. I'll see if it helps as much as I think it will.

New question....

Why are my pics brighter and have more vibrant color when viewed with Windows Picture and Fax viewer (Windows XP) than when viewed in Paint Shop or Picasa? PSP and Picasa would lead me to believe touch up needs to occur,and the AUTO function in each does make slight changes to contrast and color, but they look absolutely great in the Windows viewer.

EDIT... I'm going to post as a new thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back