Eyepiece cover keeps falling off

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The eyepiece/viewfinder cover on my 750 has a dangerous habit of jumping off its mounting if it comes against any resistance, brushing off things as its put into a case or bag for instance, Is there some means off fixing this.

Mine used to do that as I put it in the bag when I would use it to hold the camera. But it would come off under more heavy pressure.

now it doesn't come off at all because I replaced it with one of these ==> HEYEN22S

The eyepiece/viewfinder cover on my 750 has a dangerous habit of jumping off its mounting if it comes against any resistance, brushing off things as its put into a case or bag for instance, Is there some means off fixing this.
btw , it doesn't have much resistance in case you take it off and put the DK-5 Eyepiece Shield on it for Long Exposures.
In your d750 manual on page i, 95 & 107 (instructions on how to take the eyepiece off and use the cover.

The viewfinder cover (eyecup - DK-21) is probably broken.

If you look closely at the cover with it off the camera you can see that there are 2 plastic rails on each side.
Those rails bend and provide tension when the viewfinder cover is slid onto the viewfinder eyecup.
If one or both of those rails are broken there will not be enough tension to keep the viewfinder cover in place.

NikonUSA.com shows a replacement DK-21 eyecup price of $5.

The viewfinder cover (eyecup - DK-21) is probably broken.

If you look closely at the cover with it off the camera you can see that there are 2 plastic rails on each side.
Those rails bend and provide tension when the viewfinder cover is slid onto the viewfinder eyecup.
If one or both of those rails are broken there will not be enough tension to keep the viewfinder cover in place.

NikonUSA.com shows a replacement DK-21 eyecup price of $5.

Eyepiece Cup $5.00, shipping $19.95.

HoodEye $20 + $5

superglue $6 + hospital run to remove eye from eyepiece cover if tested too soon $15,000.00

:)

My eyepiece had a small crack and was loose, finally fell off in the middle of Boulder Creek. Gave a good reason to stop in at the camera store in Boulder to pick up a couple new ones. Also picked up covers for the 10-pin and flash PC terminals and they promptly fell off and I lost them again.

HAppened to me once and I lost it so I bought a new one, this one was gone in 2 weeks so today I dont bother anymore with the eye piece, doesnt bother me at all.

I never had an eye piece fall off any camera. Canon.Nikon or Pentax.It almost sounds like its not fitting as snug as it should if its not broken like keith said. I removed several for cleaning and pushed back on snug.I am getting the 750 so will keep an eye out for this.

Last edited:
Mine used to do that as I put it in the bag when I would use it to hold the camera. But it would come off under more heavy pressure.

now it doesn't come off at all because I replaced it with one of these ==> HEYEN22S

You must not wear glasses.

Eyepiece Cup $5.00, shipping $19.95.

HoodEye $20 + $5
You missed the point.

With a closer look at the eyecup and a little online checking, an EZ ans inexpensive solution can be found quickly.

$4.25 and free shipping for Amazom Prime members.

You must not wear glasses.
I do wear glasses.

You missed the point.

With a closer look at the eyecup and a little online checking, an EZ ans inexpensive solution can be found quickly.

$4.25 and free shipping for Amazom Prime members.
I'm not an Amazom Prime member.
Is that Ama-zombie prime member ?

Diopter adjustment ... lets me not wear them while using it.
makes it a lot more comfortable too as my face isn't up against the camera.
the rubber cup rotates too, and pops back a bit if you prefer to have your face up against the camera.

Most reactions

Back