Eyes

djizreel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone. I like the glossy eye look I have seen on a lot of portrait shots on here. How is that done?

Some careful selective sharpening usually helps in the eye area. Also give the eyes something to reflect like a catchlight or a bright background.

Start with a large, diffuse light source. It has to be something that won't make your subject squint.

Yes, good lighting is the best way to start.

As for processing...Google 'Photoshop+eyes'

If your using photo shop the first thing to do is free hand lasoo around the whites of the eyes including iris and pupil. Then with both eyes selected add an level adjustment layer and pull in the highlights slightly to whiten.

Then select both iris's and pupils and in a curves adjustment layer adjust to desrired colour and saturation.

With a small soft brush select a white colour and freehand flecks into the iris. Use the blur or smudge tool to soften the edges and adjust the opacity untill they are barely visable maybe 8 %

Then select the black and shade the pupil and line around the edge of the iris. Again use the opacity to merge this into the eyes.

Then sharpen

Hope this helps

Most reactions

Back