Eyes

meganrenae3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This girl I photographed requested that I make her eyes green. Now I feel like the photo looks so fake! Trying to make the client happy but also keep a good rep. What do you guys think.
I went ahead and added her with the original eye color at bottom.
Also do you like the photo better deep or #2 warmed?

Attachments

• $image-3302446447.jpg
    $image-3302446447.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 105
  • $image-3722606561.jpg
    $image-3722606561.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 111
  • $image-510355438.jpg
    $image-510355438.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 97
Her eyes don't look any worse than her skin color or her purple teeth although they are WAY too bright green. I would really take another look at that because the skin tones really, really look wrong to me.

Last edited:
definitely a little too green with the eyes. although the WB and tone issues are just as much an issue. the top picture looks all together over processed, the whites got blown out, and you cant see the details or even the buttons on the white shirt anymore.
I dont really care for her hair being on her face, but that might just be a personal preference rather than any compositional rule.
I dont know what equipment you used, but I believe the subject could have benefited from some fill flash as well.

This photo is way soft. And the edit on her eyes is terrible. They look fake. And the WB is off.

Do you have any other photos you can work with besides this one?

JackandSally said:
This photo is way soft. And the edit on her eyes is terrible. They look fake. And the WB is off.

Do you have any other photos you can work with besides this one?

I think she made them soft through editing software...I think...It look like the Vaseline on the lens technique of olde.

I think she made them soft through editing software...I think...It look like the Vaseline on the lens technique of olde.

Ah, yes. I'm horrible with editing. And often forget people can do it pp.

Thanks everyone for your response. The skin tone may be do to the fact her and the girl I was working with both had very very dark and orange spray tans!!
I might as well just have left it "as is". I tried to do a natural light green on the eyes and she wanted more.
I sent her this picture almost out of sarcasm and said "here's your green".
Oh well! Thanks again everyone!!!

Thanks everyone for your response. The skin tone may be do to the fact her and the girl I was working with both had very very dark and orange spray tans!!
I might as well just have left it "as is". I tried to do a natural light green on the eyes and she wanted more.
I sent her this picture almost out of sarcasm and said "here's your green".
Oh well! Thanks again everyone!!!
Not unless it was on her teeth to. I'm serious. Look at her teeth in the last image. They have a clear magenta cast to them and they should be white. So does her blouse which was more or less white in the first shot.

K. That may be because I used editing software to warm the picture
Was trying to soften that tan.
Thank you! I see what your saying!

Also her blouse was cream colored not white and her teeth in person have a dark tent to them.

can we see the original sooc image?

Agree that all three have horrible skin tone.. however you colored the eyes: that's not how you should do it.

Photoshop: Use the lasso tool to select a feathered area around her eye and then create a "Hue/Saturation" adjustment layer

Most reactions

Back