Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(sorry I cant make this one a donation)
Rolleiflex 3.5E with Zeiss 75mm 3.5 lens (Planar)
Top lens says Heidosmat 1:2.8/75
camera is in good shape and good working order. comes with leather case, metal lens hood with leather case, and lenscap.
serial # 1746192 (1950's) this is a medium format film camera
focus is smooth, lenses are clean with no scratches, haze, or fungus. shutter operates normally, film advances normally.
(we just ran a roll of 120 Kodak 400VC through it) this is the Rollei model with the built in lightmeter.
neither myself or my wife are really big TLR fans, but we had kept this camera because it was my wifes grandfathers, who used it when he traveled around europe in the 50's and 60's. he bought it new, and we inherited it.
comes in original leather case, metal twin lens cap, and original metal hood with leather case, and instruction manual. original leather neck strap broke and was replaced with rope attached to the original body clips.
I have done my best to make sure everything on this camera works. everything appears to work good, and all of the focusing and exposure knobs work good, and there were no issues shooting through the roll of film as far as I can tell. Camera is sold AS-IS, and all sales are final, so if you have any questions, please ask and I will do my best to find out for you. we would really love to see this camera go to someone that will use it again.

asking $400
PM's are set to go to my phone.

-Jason

View attachment 20019View attachment 20027View attachment 20026View attachment 20025View attachment 20024View attachment 20023View attachment 20022View attachment 20021View attachment 20020View attachment 20028

Last edited:
You're right on the mark for price. I just sold one several months ago on eBay for $550. Same model. It was close to mint condition and the buyer was very pleased, so I think you'll right on the money. Good luck. BTW, I was surprised how many asian bids I got... Thailand, Korea and China.

thanks Rick...I wasn't really sure how to price it out. E-Bay was a bit, ah, hit or miss. first, finding my particular model, filtering through ridiculously high buy now or best offers..there really wasn't much in the way of running auctions. I just finished a roll of film in it and will be sending it out on friday to be developed. im interested to see how they turn out.

Just curious, did you use the built-in meter? I was amased how accurate mine was after +/- 60 years. You have the good Planar "taking" lens, same as the one I sold. They always used a lower grade "viewing" lens because the quality isn't needed. They're very nice camera's I just didn't need or use it. I would always grab the RB or one of the Bronica's instead, although the Rollei doesn't take back seat to either.

I want that thing for my collection.. too bad I have too many other lenses/camera bodies that I need to get before STARTING a collection.. haha

I used the lightmeter, but my understanding of the workings of the camera was somewhat limited. even with the instruction manual. I only shot a roll of film just to make sure everything was working on it.

okies...
unfortunately, circumstances dictate that I drop the price on this guy a bit.
so im dropping it down to $400 for a while before I put it up on ebay.
last chance to add this wonderful camera to your working collection before it goes to auction.

answering a few questions...
YES! the lightmeter does work.
we got 12 exposures on a roll of 120 film..so, 6X6 i think?? not entirely certain on that one.
Payment via paypal preferred. i would take a check only if it is for a bank in my area that I can take it to. no money orders or cashiers checks.

awe...nobody's going to jump on this great deal on a Rolleiflex? everything's in good working order. good cosmetic shape.

BUMP!
$400 is as low as I can go so...if anyone is waiting to see how the price goes, might as well get it now.

Good for you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back