Fable

ste77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$553769.jpg

My first image posted

I shot this photo trying to transmit a sense of magical and fairy. Comments and critiques are welcome

To me, the pose says "Exorcism!!" or something scary like that. Maybe it's the darkness behind her. Maybe it's the arched back. Either way, I'm not getting a magical/ethereal look from this one.

Jake

Thank your for comment D-B-J. Actually when I was shooting this set I also was in doubt if the atmosphere was more magical or more similar to waht you're describing. Infact I also took this picture
$614646.jpg

I kind of agree with Jake. When I think magical and fairy, I think of a bright look, say with sun flares and such, no dark like this.

It's definitely not magical and fairy, I'm with D-B-J here.

For this kind of photos you'll need to play more with tones and color in pp. Her poses are dramatic but pp is blah, it doesn't support the story. You need to create the drama that suits her posing.

This is JMO!

Thanks for the comments.
The second one has nothing to do with "magical and fairy" it's just the opposite. The magical is referred only to the first one.
Which kind of post production do you think could fit here?

The first image there are a few things with the pose that bothers me. The Exorcism was mentioned, yea thats somewhat it, but the arched back is only one part. The rigidity of the hand in the foreground really doesn't make for a magical feel. You would have been better off titling this something like "Paralyzed with Fear". I like the shot and I don't like nitpicking at an artist's title, but this really screams the complete opposite of what you were trying to go for with the title and its mostly in the pose more than anything that can be done in post production.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back