Faces

Ian63

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
westynimages.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love the expressions here on this one. what do you think?
11393433_10152947931143870_1517049506193155458_o.jpg

This is over-produced; the big border and name just deflects from the image.
The expressions are sort of meh....
Not anything that would draw me to the picture; the tones of the woman's face seem sort of painted over as if she had lots of makeup on.
The background is harsh and unappealing.
Overall, not a picture I enjoy.

Last edited:
Much credit to you for taking a straightforward critique in stride.

The idea of the interaction between them is good and the relationship of the faces is good but the heads are sort of floating in mid-air and so there is no context.
The man's face is good and is the important center of interest but her face is so textureless that it is an extreme contrast that draws attention to the lack of texture.

You might allow editing so other people can explore some differences that might be helpful.

Look forward to seeing more from you.
You obviously are thinking.

And I apologize for being so curt the first cycle.

Lew

Thank you both of you. I agree with the following, Lew. " The idea of the interaction between them is good and the relationship of the faces is good but the heads are sort of floating in mid-air and so there is no context."
They do seem to be floating in space, and maybe this is because I cropped too tight. I will have to go back and look at this one again.
The young lady.... hmmm I DID say to them... lets make this casual, but to my dismay, she arrived dressed up and made up like she was going to a capitol hill dinner. NOT what I wanted or expected.
I will consider allowing editing.... I am not opposed to other views, both verbal and in this case, illustrative.
No need to apologize for anything Lew, I am not the kind of individual who respects "yes" people, or "very nice" responses. I would rather hear, or in this case read exactly what people think.

Most reactions

Back