Factory cleaning

Lacrossedad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a D500 with roughly 50,000 clicks and was wondering when some of you have gotten your cameras deep cleaned by a professional. My 200-500 lens is on the camera 90% of the time and probably is in need of some deep cleaning too. I just want to make sure I don't fail to do something and create a bigger problem later.

When the sensor cleaning function and air doesn’t get the spots, I take it to a local repair shop for sensor cleaning. As far as the outside goes, I dampen a toothbrush and add a drop of Dawn then brush the entire outside of the body avoiding sensitive areas, then wipe down with a slightly damp cloth. I’ve got over 90K on my D500 and, so far, that’s all she has needed. I do the same thing with lens barrels, but have never needed to send one in.

I have a D500 with roughly 50,000 clicks and was wondering when some of you have gotten your cameras deep cleaned by a professional. My 200-500 lens is on the camera 90% of the time and probably is in need of some deep cleaning too. I just want to make sure I don't fail to do something and create a bigger problem later.
After 50,000 shutter actuations, I'd say a factory CLA is in order.

Is the camera/lens malfunctioning? If not, then shoot 'em in good health till they do. It's not like a car that requires routine/periodic service. Pretty sure your owner's manuals are mute about "deep cleaning" or service absent problems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back