Failed Photo

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You've might have seen my images from time spent on the coast doing research. Well, needless to say not every image makes it. In this case, I was giving bracketing a go and a wave nudged the tripod between exposures. Next thing you know, nothing really lines up in post :lmao:

Oh well! Thought some of you might enjoy it regardless. It's useless to me outside of a learning tool. Luckily I was pretty happy with other results from this trip. Next time, I'm bringing my rock sack.

Failed Photo by TogaLive, on Flickr

P.S: Sorry for the poor editing job. I didn't want to spend too much time on a photo that's destined for the bin.

Maybe because you took it and know what to look for, or have the full rez images, but if you didn't say anything ...I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with it.

Too bad, isn't it ? Such a nice scene and colors. Everything to the bin ?

Maybe because you took it and know what to look for, or have the full rez images, but if you didn't say anything ...I wouldn't think there's anything wrong with it.

That is certainly good to know! That said, posting this is the only exception I've made to the policy of "only share your best" in quite some time. If you look closely at the rock center left, around it's top left edge, you can make out a silhouette from the tripod shifting. Same with all the other rocks in the background. It bugs the hell out of me just to look at it, but I suppose that's a good thing, haha.

Too bad, isn't it ? Such a nice scene and colors. Everything to the bin ?

Yup! Though I'm not too broken hearted over it. I'm out on the coast every other weekend for my work, so there's plenty of opportunity for these shots :)

Oh, and for anyone curious about the other image taken on this evening, here it is. It was taken a bit later in the sunset, when everything had turned a deep purple/violet. I posted it in another thread, but it may have been missed by some. This go around was a single exposure, rather than a bracket.

Cobble by TogaLive, on Flickr

From composition point of view the second pic is nicer, more interesting to look at. But the no good pic has such a nice water colour and lightness. Too bad.

You could try masking out where it's really bad.

hmmmm, what is it that is so bad....i rather like it

It's really only apparent above the water line, as shown above, looks like a pretty easy fix...

Most reactions

Back