fake holga

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I'm think about getting a holga after reading today’s post by Bauhaus.
Obviously I haven't got one at the moment so I though I'd fake one. I don't know if it is convincing or not. I did learn a few new things whilst doing it, so even if it isn't a good fake it wasn't a wasted effort. :)

fake_holga.jpg

Scanned from a 35mm print then edited (including the negative cut-outs and marks) in PSP8.

Looks like a conifer branch?!?! Or looking down into a rivine maybe?

BTW...maybe Bauhaus should get commission from HOLGA! I bought one based on that post also. For 25 bucks, you cant really go TOO wrong.

***edit*** I should have looked at your profile first...before posting...Is it a bonzai?

I'm not really sure of what you were after here.... the soft corners, I guess? :scratch: But it isn't the typical square format and there is no true vignetting going on.... not even a faux light leak. :wink:

If you're interested in getting the Holga effect...get yourself a Holga. Ain't nothing like the real thing. :D

I was bored last night so thought I'd see if I could get a scanned print to look like it was taken in a Holga using 35mm film.

Here's the original.
fake_holga_orig.jpg

There is a place 5-10 minutes away from here when we go to walk the dogs. It's a massive place of open farm land, woods etc. This is just a shot of a dead branch lying on the ground covered in moss. It's not the best photo (and scanning a print of it doesn't help, the print is a tad lighter to). The lens I had with me only went up to 80. If I'd have had my bigger lens it may have been nicer, although it would have been a different photo then. I think this was the fourth roll of film I'd put through my Dynax. :)

Still, Holgafying shots which aren't so great in the first place might be a nice thing to try. I just need to work out how to do convincing vignetting and light leaks. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back