Fall Bridge

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took advantage of the beautiful fall day we had here today in Indiana and got out to take some pics. Here's a shot from today.

684712502_u2VRT-X2.jpg

Great use of the blurred background frame, the leaf really pops out of the image

Great photo, My wife dont care alot about photography but she loves this picture so it must be great.

With the bright light and shadows I would guess you put a lot of thought into this. It works.

Good eye.

Craig

With the bright light and shadows I would guess you put a lot of thought into this. It works.

Good eye.

Craig
Thank you (and to everyone else).

You're right, I did work at this shot for a while. I milled around the park looking for the shot I wanted. When I came across the small pedestrian bridge, I decided I wanted a shot with it. I wanted a fall feeling, so I found the perfect leaf in a pile near the bridge and carefully placed my subject. :)

I liked the shadows and natural lighting. I did use a strobe to bring out the details of the leaf, but tried many different settings until I got what I felt was the perfect mix - with the goal being to naturally blend the strobe light with the ambient light.

Several times people wanting to cross the bridge forced me to stop what I was doing and get up... and 3 times people stepped on my leaf!!! :) I was so frustrated. :D

But I got the shot I wanted. I'm glad folks like it.

Most reactions

Back