Fall colors. Sort of.

Scruff McGruff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teanerd.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are my two favorite "fall colors" photos of the past week. You may notice that, yes, they are in black and white. I assure you, the irony is not lost on me. Still, if you are following this section of the forum, you probably understand. :)

Any/all C&C is welcome. Don't be afraid to let me know if these are boring; I would rather hear the truth than assume otherwise! (After all, how many pictures of leaves can you possibly look at before they get a bit boring, hmm?)

Also, I played around with selective color for the first time, just for kicks. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for it, but if not let me know and I will gladly edit the post. I can't decide if it is fun or just gimmicky. As usual, C&C or tips would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I really like the one you did with selective colouring, and I'm not usually a fan of that style. However, it works well with your shot, IMHO.

It's absolutely ok to leave the selective colouring photo in this section. No worries. While it is fun (also to create them, and if only "just for kicks" ;) ), to my mind the photo as such is not overly exciting, whereas the first one IS. I believe that - given the plant in which that fallen leaf got caught - it also is a very nice colour photo. But in black and white, as is shown here, it gives more food for thought, since I'm beginning to imagine what the colour version might look like, and I think that's the "miracle" of black and white photography. Makes you think just that tad more!

The only nitpick I have about the first is the clipped off tip of that conifer twig on the left. Everything else looks good to me.

Thanks, K8 and LaFoto.

The color version of the first is okay, but not terribly special IMO. Applying a blue "filter" during the monochrome conversion is what made the leaf really pop out from the surrounding bush.

The clipped off twig really bugs me too, especially since I ended up cropping a bit off the right side of the photo. Not sure what I was thinking when I shot it. I may try to "prune" it back a bit with the clone tool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back