Fall Family Photo

kap55

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend asked me to take some photos of her and her sons - it's a yearly thing for them. Taking people shots is something I have very little interest in, but I decided to give this a try. These are a couple of my favorites from our walk through the woods - I'm happy with how they turned out but would welcome any constructive criticism.

i-RtVjZjJ-X3.jpg

i-FBTNSfN-X3.jpg

My feeling is that in the first shot perhaps you used to short a focal length lens from to close. The boy with the colored hair looks as though his head is very small in comparison to the other two people; in the second shot of just the two brothers his head size looks closer to that of his brother, which would indicate a longer lens use from slightly farther distance. My advice would be not to get any closer than 8 feet when doing a two-person portrait.

Nice.

Last edited:
My feeling is that in the first shot perhaps you used to short a focal length lens from to close. The boy with the colored hair looks as though his head is very small in comparison to the other two people; in the second shot of just the two brothers his head size looks closer to that of his brother, which would indicate a longer lens use from slightly farther distance. My advice would be not to get any closer than 8 feet when doing a two-person portrait.

That's great advice - I hadn't paid that much attention to the difference in head sizes until you mentioned it. I was trying to stay relatively close because I was using on camera flash. FYI first shot was 48mm, second was 68 mm on Nikon D750.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back