FALL in the Louisiana Swamp, Landscape. Up for your critique...

I agree with above. There is just too much going on without any focus. The log does not make an effective "pointer" as it's so small in the frame and sitting by itself, and it doesn't lead me to anything. It, to me, becomes the subject because it seems so out of place even though it's color and tone match the ground around it. And it kinda looks like a turd.

I got it.
too many dark colors........nothing to focus on.......turd.
I think I can live with that. lol

I like the colors. Doesn't seem to have any real composition to speak of however. Not seeing much use of the rule of thirds and the lines kind of have me looking in multiple directions without any real clue of where to go.

I like the colors. Doesn't seem to have any real composition to speak of however. Not seeing much use of the rule of thirds and the lines kind of have me looking in multiple directions without any real clue of where to go.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ignore this critique. Sorry and thanks for your efforts.
ARE YOU BLIND? lol
Anyway, I see you just got your first DSLR. You'll enjoy it and you're gonna love this forum.

Last edited:
The log would do a better job of leading your eyes if it were taken from a lower perspective. Other than that I dig it.

The log would do a better job of leading your eyes if it were taken from a lower perspective. Other than that I dig it.

Agreed. Thought about that while I was there. The light was too strong up high, which is why the composition is as such. Could have been better.
Had to work with what I had. There's always tomorrow. One of the reasons I do this. It challenges me.

U can't say that winning by 3 pts they got rolled. Overall - can't beat 13 National Championships!

Most reactions

Back