Fall photo please leave some c&c

Dcrymes84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2066180_219803_9425f2105b_p.jpg

I like the composition, but I think the lighting is the problem here. The harsh back/side lighting is washing out the color and detail of the trees. I would have probably panned more to the right to capture the entire curving shoreline.

I like the composition, but I think the lighting is the problem here. The harsh back/side lighting is washing out the color and detail of the trees. I would have probably panned more to the right to capture the entire curving shoreline.

So you are saying less water and more trees

So you are saying less water and more trees

I'm thinking more like panning to the right and/or cropping some from the left. You can alway do it in post processing.

I would say the only thing I see technically wrong with the photo is that the seawall leads your eyes right out of the photo. This is something to be mindfull of when shooting shoreline shots, its happened to me many times and now I'm extremely aware of it. The sky itself isn't offering you much to work with, a more dramatic sky would have really made the shot pop. Perhaps return to the location another day and hope mother nature works for you. I'm lucky, I live 2 minutes from the Everglades, and I'm able to jump in the car and run out there when the sky is drastic. Good shot overall though

I agree that the shoreline does "lead" in this photo, but it leads you to the focal point, which is the tower, and along the beautiful colors, so it works perfectly. My problem with it is that it pans too far left, leading the eye past the tower, to an uninteresting part, the sky. A slight pan to the right to catch the curve in the shoreline and this one works.

Most reactions

Back