Family Christmas Shots (CC or just check it out)

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I did an infant shoot for my ex-neighbors when their baby was 2 weeks old and I said I'd probably never do babies again. Well, low and behold, they called me up asking if I'd want to do their christmas shots this year. I said, what the heck, why not... Here's what I got out of it. Keep in mind, 2nd time shooting children and first time at this age (keep in mind =/= be nice.)

1.First time using a foam board reflector and they complained it was too bright in their face, so I turned it into a canopy of sort haha.

Family Christmas Shoot by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

2.sb 600 camera right/front of subject and bounced off ceiling/Christmas lights on wall behind.

3.sb 600 camera right/front of subject and bounced off ceiling/Christmas lights on wall behind.

4. Sky blown, but not much I could do at 11AM (Only time they could do it)

5.Same with sky....Foam Reflector camera left

All shot with Sigma 85mm f/1.4 and indoor shots with SB600.

Thanks for looking!

Pretty good!!! I think the two shots of the baby in the basket, and then on the white fur rug, are excellent. I LOVE the background and the props in those two shots!

Gotta love a wife who has a fur "rug" in her collection of blankets!

I like them overall.. and it seems a lot of people here are anti on the pretty-ing up of faces "too much" but I feel like the baby could use it. She's a very cute lil girl.. but in most of these photos it looks like mom's got better skin than the baby and that just doesn't seem right to me. lol The basket pic is adorable as far as the props go but I think it would have been better if she weren't leaning her head back out of the thing.. something strange there. The next one of her on the floor is very cute, but that's one where her skin doesn't look like nice, soft, perfect baby skin.

i like them :) and does anyone else think the mom looks like Juliette Lewis???

haha.. I had to google the name, but I did stare at her and say hmm she looks like somebody.. just wasn't sure who and what their name was. but yes!

haha.. I had to google the name, but I did stare at her and say hmm she looks like somebody.. just wasn't sure who and what their name was. but yes!
Yeah I had looked at it yesterday briefly and thought she looked familiar too but it didn't dawn on me until the 2nd time...i wonder if she gets that a lot :) and i love her hair color and pants color!

I like them overall.. and it seems a lot of people here are anti on the pretty-ing up of faces "too much" but I feel like the baby could use it. She's a very cute lil girl.. but in most of these photos it looks like mom's got better skin than the baby and that just doesn't seem right to me. lol The basket pic is adorable as far as the props go but I think it would have been better if she weren't leaning her head back out of the thing.. something strange there. The next one of her on the floor is very cute, but that's one where her skin doesn't look like nice, soft, perfect baby skin.

I have some of her with her head normal in the basket, but only uploaded this one b/c it was one of my favorites. Not sure about the skin though, I'm anti skin touching up (besides a little dodging and MAYBE clone out a spot), but didn't really notice her skin being "bad"

Anyone else have that feeling too?

I have some of her with her head normal in the basket, but only uploaded this one b/c it was one of my favorites. Not sure about the skin though, I'm anti skin touching up (besides a little dodging and MAYBE clone out a spot), but didn't really notice her skin being "bad"

Anyone else have that feeling too?

I guess I made it sound worse than it actually is, sorry for that. I just see her having a lil of the baby blotchy sorta thing going on? Am I crazy? My son gets it sometimes and then his skin is virtually flawless most the time.

I guess I made it sound worse than it actually is, sorry for that. I just see her having a lil of the baby blotchy sorta thing going on? Am I crazy? My son gets it sometimes and then his skin is virtually flawless most the time.

The only skin thing that sort of bothers me is slightly under her neck, dodged it a bit to take the red edginess off of it

Thanks for your comments though :)

3 and 4 are great! In 2, her head looks too unstable, so not loving it for that. #1 was so close, but your posing guidance was lacking here. . . they don't look connected, you cannot see babies feet, and moms hand has disappeared.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back