Photos OK to edit
Tell me what you think.

4-2.jpg

5.jpg

3-2.jpg

1-7.jpg

2-5.jpg

Oh :oops:

These photos have sooo many issues ... where do I begin?

Oh :oops:

These photos have sooo many issues ... where do I begin?

:grumpy:
Wow quite constructive you are.
What was the point of your post again?
I do believe I did quite well considering it was quite cloudy and dark.

Well. OK, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings here on the forums, but the only passable one I can see here is 3. All the others are total failures to my mind. Sorry to be so frank, I don't really want to hurt you. But 1 and 2 are frightfully overexposed, and 4 and 5 are out of focus. 4 more than 5. The whites of the clothes are completely blown in 4 and 5, too.

While 3 is the best of all, exposure and focus-wise, it still isn't really sharp, and composed with the persons a bit to the bottom, while there is room aplenty over their heads. A tiny tilt of the camera down would have made composition more balanced.

I don't think I have to say more about the first two, they just do not pass. The sky is totally blown, exposure was downright wrong. The second is a nice idea, though, and I like the interaction captured between daughter and father.

Well i've got to agree with LaFoto.

#1 & #2 are blown out. The light does look harsh and that's part of the problem.. a big reflector or the use of fill flash would have brought the background back nearer a decent exposure. Either that you could try shooting earlier or later in the day.

#3 is not too bad, it's a little soft. possibly a tighter crop could have worked a little better?

#4 is really soft, otherwise it would have been nice.

#5 is a little soft but and the highlights are a little blown out - like the positioning of everyone and composition though.

A little rule of thumb is to shoot with a shutter speed 1/focal length.. i.e. if you're shooting at 80mm try keeping your shutter speed at or faster than 1/80th to minimise camera shake when hand-holding - not sure if that was perhaps the problem with the softness or not.. just trying to help.

Last edited:
completely agree with LaFoto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back