What's new

Fargo!

Great photo!!! I like photographs like this because it always makes my imagination start running. I always wonder what stories have been seen by these objects if they could talk.
Thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

I echo what Mishele said. She is so eloquent and I know she has a whip. ;)
 
Last edited:
Well, I like to have my cake and eat it too...while I liked the overall impact of the scene, there was just too much of everything in focus to plant my feet and endure the cold while enjoying the shot......soooooooooooo, yes, I played with it a bit and as always my playing is for me to look at something and say..."what if." I like working with other people's work about as much as I like spending other people's money.

I just placed the focus on the truck as that was what was in the title. Had it been "Broken Down Old Building in the Snow," a different focus would apply.

(I think that is a 1965 or 66 Dodge Flatbed with a Fargo bug screen.) This image would take a lot more work than I gave it to make this type of edit work, but it is workable. I did find I didn't like the tonal values (colorwise) of the snow, so did some alteration on that note, omiting the bluishness and leaving the setting sunny-ishness to the reflective ice crystals. (I love those ishness words. I make them fit as I go.)

View attachment 39691

Very interesting! Your vision is a bit different from mine, but that's part of the fun of exploring what we see. You're also pointing out the the title does influence the way the image is viewed. Have to be more conscious of that. And if you're interested in playing with the image, I have no problem in sharing the TIFF - once I figure out how to transmit a 20MB file...:D
 
Mediafire, but in this instance, I'd do a reshoot if it isn't too far away.
 
I think Fargo trucks were a Canadian thing - sort of a rebranded Dodge. I remember there were alot around in the '50s.
Oh, and I like the original shot just fine.
 
Very nice, and yup... had to be viewed embiggoned.

Nice simpsons reference, Derrel. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom