Farmhouse and Puddle

Maybe just my screen but everything below the horizon looks too dark
I think it's your monitor – my own monitor is set a bit on the darker side, and I can see all the detail there.

Hi!
I like it, it has a nice dramatic look and is very dynamic. If I were you, I'd try a slightly different crop to get rid of the left side a bit, because, according to the whole photo, it seems to empty. I'd even go for the square crop.
Hi Mentos! Thanks for the suggestion. I've played with the image trying to make it work after getting rid of part of the left side, but nothing really worked (mostly because of the curve created by the different tones of the grass in the foreground). My best result following your suggestion was this:

FarmhouseandPuddle_Crop4_Final.jpg

Beautiful!

Color has its place but nothing beats a well executed black and white photo when it comes to conveying mood and emotion. If I might make one suggestion, I would crop a little off the right side of the image as the debris is a little distracting and it improves the composition a little to place the barn on a third.
Thank you for your crop suggestion as well! Here's what I've come up with:

FarmhouseandPuddle_Crop2_Final.jpg

Finally, someone on another forum suggested a pano-like crop, and I came up with this:

FarmhouseandPuddle_Crop3_Final.jpg

Myself, I'm on the fence between the original version and the last crop (pano), leaning towards the original.

Thanks everybody for your feedback and kind comments!

Such a PERFECT shot! I prefer the original one. I like the shadow of house on the water.

Awesome.

As usual, I bow to your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back