What's new

Fashion/Emotive Portraits

ranmyaku

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Location
Honolulu
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nikon D50
model: my girlfriend
objective: Fashion/emotive type portraits

productshot.jpg



megumi_coloryukata_3_ranmyaku.jpg
 
the only problem with the "emotive" part...is she has no emotion. Literally. I commend her on her poker face.]

Technically the first one is pretty good...but I dono what happened to the second. parts are over exposed and parts are underexposed...I'm guessing it's your post processing...way too much contrast or something.
 
I hear what you are saying but emotive/emotion means a state of feeling. That could be any feeling. Her feeling would be impassiveness.
 
the only problem with the "emotive" part...is she has no emotion. Literally. I commend her on her poker face.

Emotionless face means a neutral face, if you referring to the second one that is clearly incorrect. Her face is obviously down casted and melancholy.


I like the angle in number 2, but you could try to tone down the contrast as suggested, or mask out the parts that are getting blown out.
 
Ok. So change the name of the thread to Non-emotive/fashion portrait.
 
I like the second one, even though it's a little depressing... ;)
 
In the first shot i'm distracted by that thing on the wall in the back, and how the corner where the walls meet is sticking straight up out of her head. I like the color and lighting though.

I personally like #2. I don't think it looks overexposed.. (monitor difference?) If anything the saturation could be toned down a little, but I like the contrast between the bright color from her kimono and the grass. I think the angle is what really makes it though. I think it would be a nice b/w pic.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom