Fashionshoot. I hope you like them

Bellavue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there people,

Again a post from Jean-Paul from Holland.. LOL...

Last weekend I did some fashionshoots. These images are just an impression of the shoots I did.

I am going to present these to some magazines and maybe they will post some.

I had to shrink the images alot for posting here, but anyway I hope you like them.

The first set:

F001.jpg

The second set:

F002.jpg

And the third set:

F003.jpg

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul
http://www.bellavue-photo.com

I very much like the photos. My only beef is that in the first one, the attitude that you were trying to portray is ruined by her left eye, which tells me that she's confused. I think you pulled off the attitude in the third though.

I agree, also maybe some more focus in the eyes, I know your trying to get the clothes in, but the eyes is a main thing.
2: Its hard to see the clothes in pic 2.
3:Is she wet or not? cause her hair looks like its just been in a shower but she doesnt...

Im only bein picky cause I think thats what this forum is for, I think the pics are great and could never take any like that myself.

I like them all. The only thing I see is that the second one seems to be a bit bright on my monitor. Other than that, good work.

whats the matter with people? never learned how to crack at least the faint hint of a smile?

i like them, but she looks too serious.

md

Hi there MDowdey,

Funny you say that, but if you look at fashion photography this is the trent.

If you go for more commercial photography it is a must that they smile...

Just open a magazine like Avangarde or the Vouge.
Not 1 model for fashion ( Glamour ) will smile. Than look at the more commercial photo's. You see the differance immidiatly.

So I did not want the model to smile..

Also the compositions. The most unconfrontable positions are the best for fashion shoots.

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul

agree with artemis, here, the second pic its hard to see the clothes- its a good shot because of the funky pose but i am more focused on what she is up to instead of looking at her.

Bbut the first really works for me because eyes follow her from the top of her head all the way to the funky stockings - that shot is choice. I know nothing about fashion photography - but My eyes where immediately drawn to the shot - its definately attention getting.

The last shot I like too. I can't decide if I like the blue rope as it is - not that i needs to be removed. Maybe if it were loosen and wavy a bit - like the hair falling in her face? Just a thought.

Oh - thanks for sharing these! I hope you will have more to share in the future. Do you mind if i ask what equipment you use Jean-Paul?

Great work there!

The odd thing that I noticed is the make-up on her face. It kind of stands out.

i really like the 2nd one, love the use of colour combination with her top and jewellery heh (spot the girl's opinion!) but i also agree with i like yonda, when i saw the first one i noticed the expression in her eyes was a bit strange.. her left eye looks bigger/more open than the first. i do like her pose though.

did you choose the models outfits? they look very magazine/retro style :) well done

Have any of you seen an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog, no one is looking at the clothes. :lol:

They’re selling a life style or at less the appearance of one
In #s 1 & 3 she looking straight at the person who is looking at the catalog or magazine; SEX APPEAL :thumbsup:
In #2 she look more like a 60s French revolutionist; it’s an old sale style but it works :thumbsup:

MDowdey said:
whats the matter with people? never learned how to crack at least the faint hint of a smile?

i like them, but she looks too serious.

md
thats for celebrity photography. this is fashion.

j.p., interesting shots. i like what your going for and its almost there. i wouldnt quite set for sending them out to any magazines. i suggest you shoot more, a lot more. nail it, get it perfect. dont give those photo editors/directors any reason to tear your work apart. like i said, i like the shots but your styling isnt there. im sorry my friend but thats why you post here right? her hair, its in shambles....her make-up, its almost there....her attitude, maybe work with her a bit more. you get what im saying right? im just a student but ive been around people in the industry and there not forgiving. there is a hundred-thousand other people behind trying to get their work published. dont give these people any reason to trash your work. yikes that was a lot. good job man, keep it up.

Most reactions

Back