What's new

I dare you to take my Lunch

KJ_North

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 20, 2011
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
2,557
Location
left the site
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yes I know another shot of this Eagle. I wanted to post this to demonstrate what is possible with some of the Cameras/Zoom Lenses today. This was shot hand held at 1120mm. So my RF200-800 Lens with my RF1.4X extender. Trust me I am not the steadiest guy with a camera, and I shot these pictures with many different shutter speeds ranging from 1/1000 down to this shot at 1/60 as i tried to bring the ISO down to as low as I could get. I would say my success rate was likely around 20% as roughly 2 out of every 10 seemed to be in decent focus, but firing multiple shots allowed some to hit the mark and take advantage of the lower ISO. Anyways just thought I would share my trial and error out on the field. Still so much to learn but am trying different things.
Eagle-Fish-1s.webp
 
I feel that you're way too tight on the subject. If this is the full framed shot, you didn't need the tc.
I used to crop way into a photo, get that up close look at the subject, and even now sometimes do it, but
I'm trying to get out of the mode.

At this point, if 800mm can't get it, the shot can't be got, unless, you embrace the space.
Let there be some space around the subject. A lot of the time, if makes the photo better.

And 1/60 of a second at that photo length isn't really a good plan. Yes, finding out what can be used is good to know, but
having to use that extreme setting is rarely needed. Let that iso climb a bit.

Just my opinion.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom