SEA VIXEN

EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON

HAWKER HUNTER

F-86 Sabre & T-33 Silver Star

HAWK T1

forgot this one

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

duncanp said:
Nice how many air shows have you been to?

only started going to them last year and went to....

Duxford flying legends ( had press pass )

2 days at RIAT ( free entry :lol: as I helped the guy who runs the disabled enclosure)

biggin hill ( had to pay for this one )

duxford battle of britain show ( had press pass but was cancelled due to bad weather :grumpy: )

yeovilton press day ( press pass )

yeovilton airshow ( press pass but lost 1000 shots as my portable hard drive crashed :grumpy: )

duxford autumn airshow ( press pass )

so only had to pay for the Biggin Hill airshow :biglaugh:

duncanp said:
cool, what lens are you using?

for close ups I use the Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS with the Canon 2x converter

for static and 'scenic' display shot I use the Canon 28-135mm IS. They are the only two lenses I have unless you count my very broken ( it fell from a great height ) 28-70mm F2.8 L

Fate said:
You love your planes dont you :D

And when you take pics like these.... i dont blame you!! Great shots... you caught them in the air so well!

cheers but you should see the ones I don't keep... :lol: half the plane is missing, or its flying into someones head:lol: thats the problem trying to pan with something flying across the sky ay 600mph!!

lostprophet said:
cheers but you should see the ones I don't keep... :lol: half the plane is missing, or its flying into someones head:lol: thats the problem trying to pan with something flying across the sky ay 600mph!!

ever hit someone while doing that ? :D

duncanp said:
ever hit someone while doing that ? :D

LOL not yet but its only a matter of time:lol: the good thing about getting passes is that you are away from the main crowd.

Funny thing happened at RIAT last year was that while I was using my EOS 1d ( 4mp ) a guy who had a 20d came up to me and asked if he could stroke my camera !! when I asked him why he just replied its a 1 ive never seen a 1 before:lol:

duncanp said:
ahh lol, so these planes fly pretty low, or do you crop the images a lot...

depends, what I do is stand near the end of the runway so just after take off they have raised their landing gear. That said they do tend to fly pretty low but when they are turning away from you I tend to crop in a bit

heres another... the greatest plane of all time

The AVRO VULCAN

CLICK IMAGE FOR HIGH RES

Great shots, I for one really appreciate good aviation photography. I sure do miss the Vulcan. When I was young it would often perform at the Canadian International Airshow and was always a treat. It would be a dream to cross the pond to see XH558 fly again.

Eric

lol, u have already got 2 pips... congrats, ive got 198 points soo close to 3 lol, like the avro pic :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back