Fasting. Anyone done it?

yeah, not eating. The telly programme was about 4 celebrities doing a de-tox kinda thing and fasting for a week, drinking 'de-tox shakes' and having a load of enemas every day.
i would like to try this but obviously... WITHOUT the enemas. :shock: :D :D

captain-spanky said:
yeah, not eating. The telly programme was about 4 celebrities doing a de-tox kinda thing and fasting for a week, drinking 'de-tox shakes' and having a load of enemas every day.
i would like to try this but obviously... WITHOUT the enemas. :shock: :D :D

nothing like a good colon cleansing to start your day..

:puke-rig:

md

I've never quite done that, but I have gone an entire month without any soda or anything like that...I drank water, water, and more water by the tons. I felt great afterwards. When I was in eighth grade I went two weeks where I ate nothing but an apple a day...pretty stupid on my part...my way of trying to lose weight. Luckily I realized what I was doing to myself before I got seriously ill. As for what you are talking about...I have no idea!

I find when I get to the point where I'm getting hungry but my appetite isn't there... I need to somewhat detox. So I go about 24 hrs with water only. Then I resume with a couple small meals. By the next day my appetite is back and I'm back to pigging out.

Yes, well sort of. My religion has a fast between sunrise and sunset for 3 weeks in March. It's not easy, but I do usually feel better when it's over.

Wow Ali, if you dont mind my asking, what religion is that.

I have fasted before for a day or 2, if I was seriously trying to decide something, Id fast and meditate, but I havent done that in a whle - which is probably why my life is a shambles at the moment :LOL:

Karalee said:
Wow Ali, if you dont mind my asking, what religion is that.

I have fasted before for a day or 2, if I was seriously trying to decide something, Id fast and meditate, but I havent done that in a whle - which is probably why my life is a shambles at the moment :LOL:

Baha'i. And because nobody has ever heard of it, here's a link :) The point of the fast is to remind you of the spiritual aspect of life. To be honest I haven't really practiced any religion in a few years, but this one is the closest that I have found to my own personal beliefs.

www.bahai.org

I use to fast for 3 or 4 days 4 times a year. After the first time it was pretty simple. Simple mind over matter baby.

For Alison:

Chicago's Baha'i Temple

chicago%20-%20bahai3.jpg

Disclaimer: taken in my very first roll(s) of film, early early photography for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back