Father & Son

I really like the concept, but overall it just seems tad dark, for a beautiful moment. Maybe lightening the hands would help but i have to wonder if this wouldn't look better as a high key

I like the moment,very emotional.But it looks like the focus is not spot on,maybe it's my monitor.

wonderful image. I think the low key lighting works great for this image. imo, well done.

Thanks for the feedback. The focus was soft on the photo and I did us a Low Key filter. I tried to re-edit, but couldn't get the right look of lighter. The photo shot right before that one is on focus and tried a different conversion. Used Silver Efex the Fine Art filter and upped the contrast with a little lens falloff vignette. Light enough?

Father & Son 2 by Cheryl, on Flickr

I prefer the original. It is more beautiful.

The focus of the first did bother me, but for some reason I like that one. I'll get both printed and see which one SIL likes. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

You asked, how is the crop? I dunno...I tried this crop on it...I liked
Derrel's crop.jpg

this hand placement within the frame area a bit more. YMMV. A slight bit of lightening up (dodging) on the lower right corner area of the photo might strengthen this, I think.

This photo shows us a beautiful contrast between the adult hand and the infant hand.

Whatever we said about focus or light we still can't denied that Photo have emotion and message and for me that is most important.I like how Darrel crop.Keep shooting,all the best.

You asked, how is the crop? I dunno...I tried this crop on it...I likedView attachment 162180

this hand placement within the frame area a bit more. YMMV. A slight bit of lightening up (dodging) on the lower right corner area of the photo might strengthen this, I think.

This photo shows us a beautiful contrast between the adult hand and the infant hand.

Thanks for the edit Derrel. I saved your file and will play with the crop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back