very good, i must learn how with PSE7, any help appreciated
I use PSE7 also, so I can probably help you. You need to know how to do layer masks, and unfortunately, PSE7 doesn't do them natively. However, there is a trick to get them to work.
First, make a new adjustment layer. Any adjustment layer will work, this is just part of the trick. Adjustment layers in PSE7 come with their own layer mask, and fortunately, you can use that mask with other layers as well. Next, make a copy of the background layer. On your layer palette, make sure the top layer is the copy, the middle layer is the adjustment layer, and bottom layer, of course is your background layer. Now, you need to link the adjustment layer with the copied layer. Do this by selecting the background layer and hitting ctrl-g. Now, apply the gaussian blur filter to the background layer. Your whole image will look blurred now. On your adjustment layer, select the white box. This is the layer mask. Make sure that on the white and black boxes under your toolbox, black is on top. Now go to the gradient tool. Pick reflective gradient, and experiment.
You also have the pick the right image as well. It usually has to be from a higher elevation. Also, your subject can't be too close, or too far away. Experiement with it, and have fun.
I'll post some new versions of my original shots when I get a chance. I have a new baby in the house, and she (and sleep) takes precedence over my photograpy right now.
