Favorite beach or resort?

Autec, Andros Island. It was a very long time ago, but only service personnel allowed, Bacardi was $3 a litre, coke $1 a can - guess what we drank most of!

Instead of tropical, try Mediterranean. Great in the summer, 25-38'ish from May to September and fewer deadly creatures!
My favourite is Crete, followed by Cyprus. Clear blue water, warmer than most swimming pools and plenty of fish.

Greek food, great people and scenery to die for. :)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370469864.918980.jpg Only an iPhone shot, but I'm sure you get the idea! Crete 2011, couldn't go last year but I'm taking the OMD to Zakynthos in August.

I'm from Miami, FL... so tropical places aren't exactly at the top of my list for vacationing I guess. lol

And that's exactly why I keep shooting down the idea of buying a beachfront condo...I just wouldn't appreciate the beach anymore.
i love the beach!!

Always wanted to go to Santorini Greek island. After seeing the movie Summer lovers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys. Keep them coming. Very helpful.

Scarborough beach, Maine.

Probably not quite tropical, but St Simon's Island Georgia where we own a beach condo. If I really wanted to go all out tropical, the west coast of Costa Rica

p1847889119-3.jpg

I'm from Miami, FL... so tropical places aren't exactly at the top of my list for vacationing I guess. lol

And that's exactly why I keep shooting down the idea of buying a beachfront condo...I just wouldn't appreciate the beach anymore.
i love the beach!!
frommrstomommy ,I'm from Opa-locka ,moved from there in 1976. It was an awesome place back then. Propilotbw, I have jumped from that rock in Maui (Stayed at the Westin so the kids would have the waterslides to play on) good times ! Go ahead and get that beach condo ,I have never tired of the beach and go every chance possible! Usually every other weekend. Kathythorson ,every beach and/or island will have it's own personality . Some family oriented and some geared to the party minded . But the best one for me would be Cozumel ,Mexico .An all inclusive ,is the best way to go .........and you CAN drink the water there ! second choice would be Maui .........Maui would be best for photography .

Probably not quite tropical, but St Simon's Island Georgia where we own a beach condo. If I really wanted to go all out tropical, the west coast of Costa Rica

p1847889119-3.jpg

That's where I'm heading to for vacation soon! Can't wait--it's been quite a few years since I was even in Savannah, and I haven't been to St. Simon's since high school, back when I lived in Atlanta.

Thailand, Krabi Island maybe it will change after Bora Bora.

$6851551324_f3aacb5783_o.jpg

Heres a shot of Krabi Island with my broken 14-24mm f2.8.

That's where I'm heading to for vacation soon! Can't wait--it's been quite a few years since I was even in Savannah, and I haven't been to St. Simon's since high school, back when I lived in Atlanta.
Sharon ,I was shooting Spoonbills last Saturday on Jekyll and in a park at the entrance to St.Simon. Jekyll has too many photo-opps !

Sharon ,I was shooting Spoonbills last Saturday on Jekyll and in a park at the entrance to St.Simon. Jekyll has too many photo-opps !

I wondered if there was any chance of seeing any Spoonbills! That's cool; I really can't wait. We'll go up to Savannah at least a couple of days as well, so anything in between is a possibility.

Here is a short SD video from one of our trips:

[video=vimeo;4655264]https://vimeo.com/4655264[/video]

Most reactions

Back