Favorite beach or resort?

Haven't been to many, but the beaches of Okinawa are pretty fantastic! Nothing like the South China Sea to put your mind at ease.

I really like 7 Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. And the staff at the Marriott Resort are some of the best staff anywhere.

I really like 7 Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. And the staff at the Marriott Resort are some of the best staff anywhere.
I have heard great things about Grand Cayman.

I'm from Miami, FL... so tropical places aren't exactly at the top of my list for vacationing I guess. lol

And that's exactly why I keep shooting down the idea of buying a beachfront condo...I just wouldn't appreciate the beach anymore.
i love the beach!!
frommrstomommy ,I'm from Opa-locka ,moved from there in 1976. It was an awesome place back then. Propilotbw, I have jumped from that rock in Maui (Stayed at the Westin so the kids would have the waterslides to play on) good times ! Go ahead and get that beach condo ,I have never tired of the beach and go every chance possible! Usually every other weekend. Kathythorson ,every beach and/or island will have it's own personality . Some family oriented and some geared to the party minded . But the best one for me would be Cozumel ,Mexico .An all inclusive ,is the best way to go .........and you CAN drink the water there ! second choice would be Maui .........Maui would be best for photography .
I like the all-inclusive aspect. I don't want a bunch of drunken idiots all over the place, but I don't want it to be a retirement community either. A resort with a ton of stuff to do would be great.

I went to Turks and Caicos when i was 18 for a week with family. They had some nice beaches as well. It was a good spot for a vacation.

Also if your planing a trip the El Conquistador in Fajardo Puerto Rico is a awesome place to go. They have beach by the hotel, there is the bio luminescent bay right there. its only about 20 min to the Rain forest, about 35 min from Old Jan Juan, they have fares to some island across the way from PR, and the boat to go to culebra and vieques leave from Fajardo. I have no idea how much a stay is, i do know the area decent since i live about 40 min from there. Moved to PR 2 years ago there is a lot of cool places around.

Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas,Cancun - Mexico

also

Hotel Riu Palace Riviera Maya ,Mexico

both are really nice,been there and we love it.

Cabo San Lucas which is probably on the edge of tropical. Non-tropical ... the entire California coast. Highway 1 (the Pacific Coast Highway) is possibly the most beautifully scenic road in the world.

Anse Chastanet Resort, St. Lucia
ANSE CHASTANET RESORT St Lucia, Caribbean's most romantic resort

WARNING - The quality of images below suffered greatly from the affects this:
stlucia-8.jpg

With that out of the way..

All the bungalows of this resort are up on the hillside...
stlucia-6.jpg

stlucia-4.jpg

The beach is VERY secluded and private..
stlucia-5.jpg

stlucia-3.jpg

stlucia-7.jpg

When all is said and done... this picture sums up things best....
stlucia-2.jpg

(There may have been some Diving, Sight Seeing, Volcano's, Mtn Biking and Hiking... but most of my time was spent in that position)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back