Favorite Mainstream Beer

When I lived in the UK, hands down, it was Guinness...

You have to be careful with Guinness. Some is brewed in Ireland and some in London - with a consequent loss in taste.
The bottled stuff has live yeast in it so it's better but has a limited shelf life.

I take it your favourite is Duff?

:lol: well no... I prefer a darker beer and since I imagine Duff to be similar to a PBR it definitely wouldn't be up my alley.:puke-rig:

Guinness has to be my favorite. (Technically all Guinness on draft in the US should be brewed from the Dublin plant... I'm guessing the difference in taste has more to do with time, storage, and bartender knowhow?)

My other favorites are more local to here... 1554 and 90 Shilling

Does Goose Island count as mainstream? Their 312 is good, I also like Blue Moon, and Guinness. (If you're ever in downtown Chicago, Celtic Crossing at Chicago and Clark is a good place to get a Guinness. Apparently it's actually fairly well known in Ireleand) I'm a big fan of Bell's but I can't get their stuff any more.

I think we need to know whether any of the hostlerys in Germany will be stocking Guinness around the end of May.... LaFoto, care to comment?

i like Asahi the best

i hadn't had a beer for long time and this one time i ordered an Asahi, and man it was the best thing i've ever tasted

favourtie beer by far

Most reactions

Back