jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Barn Swallows finally came back, and the little ones are now poking their head over the edge. I had a little more success this year getting some decent shots; hat tip to @K9Kirk for the advice a year ago.
BarnSwallow2021072001 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
BarnSwallow2021072002 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
BarnSwallow2021072003 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
BarnSwallow2021072004 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
BarnSwallow2021072005 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
BarnSwallow2021072006 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Thank you! I went through a lot of shots; I was glad I wasn't having to change rolls of film for this.

You got some nice shots off there, Jeff. If I recall the first set, this one looks much brighter and sharper. My favorites is #1 and #3, cracks me up! (yw)

You got some nice shots off there, Jeff. If I recall the first set, this one looks much brighter and sharper. My favorites is #1 and #3, cracks me up! (yw)
Thanks! The lighting was a little better this year, and I set the ISO to D+2 for these, I think. I have to tell ya, I posed myself and stood extremely still, and my shoulders starte aching waiting for the parents to return each time, but they did not disappoint.

Thanks! The lighting was a little better this year, and I set the ISO to D+2 for these, I think. I have to tell ya, I posed myself and stood extremely still, and my shoulders starte aching waiting for the parents to return each time, but they did not disappoint.
You did well. Keep'em coming.

Beautiful series.

Nice shooting. #6 is a great behavioral shot.

Great Shots... !!!

I like #3 of those three little heads! #6 is cool of the mama bird with the wings out, the first one is good and #6 really nailed it!

I was thinking that your swallows are much better engineers than the ones that come back every year to the overhang by our front door, then in following shots I see that you built a nest for them! I wonder if Kim would be upset if I made one for them for next season.
Each season one or two chicks inevitably fall out of the nest because the natural nest has filled almost to the brim over the years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back