Feedback on car shots...

JerseyJules

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these tonight at a local car show, so keep in mind I can not be selective of backdrop and reflections as the cars are packed in close to one another with people walking all around. I set my camera to shoot in RAW form (I dont know what that is really but I saw a ton of people saying it is better to shoot in) and these photos are 100% unedited. Some were taken with my cookie cutter 18-55mm lense that came with my DSLR D3200 and some were taken with a 300mm ED AF lens manually focused. Criticize and suggest...Keep it in laymen terms please, Im a super noob with zero training..
1)
$7778499624_27644a7dc6_b.jpg
This one I was just playing around with trying to shoot at night with crappy lighting..How would i get the image more sharp?? And i know you can see my shadow in the left side of the photo..
2)
$7778503606_253dc77986_b.jpg
I used the closest tail light as the focal point. I love tail lights on old cars..
3)
$7778506260_ff348cc5bf_b.jpg
For some reason I could not get the 327 perfectly focused..Dont know why?
4)
$7778512464_0ff96d25b2_b.jpg
I really really like this one..I wish the car next to it was not casting a shadow on it..

5)
$7778526674_1ed35b260a_b.jpg
Another favorite of mine..

Last edited:
We ask that you limit your images to somewhere between 3 and 5. Many of us like 3, but 5 will be ok in most cases. The reason being: It's really time consuming to give CC. If you post a ton of images we are going to look at the set and say "good job, watch your backgrounds... blah blah blah" all very general. However if we only have a few images that we can concentrate on then we can give you more detailed feedback that is actually going to help you.

So... for my generic critique of these: I think you did a great job for shooting at a car show. I've been there done that and it's not always easy because of how close things are. You did a good job of looking for the details that you could shoot and not get a distracting background.
Some of your compositions don't balance well and have some controllable distractions such as the Chevrolet emblem one where the piece of the sky/background peeks in at the top right. That is something that draws your eye up there and away from your subject as well as throws the balance of the image.
They are well exposed, great color and beautifully sharp.

Most reactions

Back