feedback wanted. My portraits need work.

NikonChick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ive been doing mostly still lifes lately and am trying to get back into some portraiture. Please critique harshly.
KenSmirk.jpg

Ken.jpg

Looks to me like you're on track. I think the second view is flat. It could use a bit of ratio in the lighting... main light to fill light. And more attention to clothing in both. Try to smooth out the fabric gathering at the collar.

All in all, pretty OK! Would like to see more.

-Pete

Thanks gang.
Absolutely, the lightings pretty flat in these. These are a couple of my first recent shots that arent still lifes and they could use a little fussing. I used to work at a sears portrait studio and have been going out of my way to avoid producing anything that looks like that and am now starting to appreciate at least some of that experience.... although Ill never bolt my lights to the wall.lol.
Here are a couple more that span back in time a few years.
My niece.
Courtney.jpg

my grandfather.(after losing a game of horseshoes....but trust me, its not his fault... the world was against him. ha ha.
Grampie.jpg

A friends daughter... whos now much taller.
BritBack.jpg

this ones really flat. Ive been experimenting with scala film; trying to find the right combination of exposure, rating and processing time....any feedback on this would be great.
KenBW.jpg

nice photos. would have liked to see all the eyes on the first one though, the glasses cut them in half

why are you replying to threads that are 5 years old, especially when you can't even see the pictures and then spamming some website?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back