What's new

Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonDull

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 13, 2012
Messages
40
Reaction score
2
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$bandpractice1.webp$bandpractice2.webp$bandpractice3.webp$chirscolors.webp$music.webp
 
1&2 have a lot of distractions in them.
I really like the feeling that the blur gives the 3rd one. There's something growing into his head in that one that is a real distraction, but this one is better than the first two.
3rd one is really pretty great for distractions, feeling and exposure. The selective color of the lights shift the focus from your subject to the lights. All black and white or all color, but this changes the image too much. Otherwise it's nicely arranged in composition-that is when the singer is the subject... not the lights
4th one is better than the first two, but I keep thinking that a laser beam is going to come out of that thing over his head and beam him up.
 
1&2 have a lot of distractions in them.
I really like the feeling that the blur gives the 3rd one. There's something growing into his head in that one that is a real distraction, but this one is better than the first two.
3rd one is really pretty great for distractions, feeling and exposure. The selective color of the lights shift the focus from your subject to the lights. All black and white or all color, but this changes the image too much. Otherwise it's nicely arranged in composition-that is when the singer is the subject... not the lights
4th one is better than the first two, but I keep thinking that a laser beam is going to come out of that thing over his head and beam him up.

Thanks I was just trying to do light trails with my camera. that photo was an experiment. ha.
 
I have no control of the club lighting if your talking about the guitar one.
 
BrandonDull said:
so color mixed with b&w is to tacky?

Very gimmicky. It's also usually done improperly so 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work. Selective color is meant to enhance/draw attention to the subject. But a lot of people who use selective color fail in this aspect. Say you have a full body shot of a person - its b/w but the shirt is selectively colored - that's a fail. The person is the subject but now the shirt has become more important because of the selective coloring.

It can work when used properly but it's not a technique that can or should be used on just any picture.


BrandonDull said:
what are the distractions?

The busy backgrounds - sometimes you can't do much about it.
 
so color mixed with b&w is to tacky?
SLOW DOWN!
Selective color can be just fine-when the object in color is the subject of the image.
Distractions are all of the crap that is in the background. Lights, floor, wires bananas...

No control over club lighting? Who said anything about club lighting? We know there's no control over club lighting, the lighting is fine. It's the space ship hovering over his head I mentioned. YOU have control over the crap you get in the background and how it looks

I'm sorry guy, you are WAY to high maintenance for me.

Critique of your website can take a damn long time.
 
BrandonDull said:
so color mixed with b&w is to tacky?

Very gimmicky. It's also usually done improperly so 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work. Selective color is meant to enhance/draw attention to the subject. But a lot of people who use selective color fail in this aspect. Say you have a full body shot of a person - its b/w but the shirt is selectively colored - that's a fail. The person is the subject but now the shirt has become more important because of the selective coloring.

It can work when used properly but it's not a technique that can or should be used on just any picture.


BrandonDull said:
what are the distractions?

The busy backgrounds - sometimes you can't do much about it.

okay thanks. so if you look at my website TrendyAndTalented.com - which photos should I take down? I want it to showcase MY best work.
 
so color mixed with b&w is to tacky?
SLOW DOWN!
Selective color can be just fine-when the object in color is the subject of the image.
Distractions are all of the crap that is in the background. Lights, floor, wires bananas...

No control over club lighting? Who said anything about club lighting? We know there's no control over club lighting, the lighting is fine. It's the space ship hovering over his head I mentioned. YOU have control over the crap you get in the background and how it looks

I'm sorry guy, you are WAY to high maintenance for me.

Critique of your website can take a damn long time.

what do you mean? I don't have control of picking photo backgrounds when its on the fly?
 
so color mixed with b&w is to tacky?
SLOW DOWN!
Selective color can be just fine-when the object in color is the subject of the image.
Distractions are all of the crap that is in the background. Lights, floor, wires bananas...

No control over club lighting? Who said anything about club lighting? We know there's no control over club lighting, the lighting is fine. It's the space ship hovering over his head I mentioned. YOU have control over the crap you get in the background and how it looks

I'm sorry guy, you are WAY to high maintenance for me.

Critique of your website can take a damn long time.

what do you mean? I don't have control of picking photo backgrounds when its on the fly?
You have every bit of control over how the image is framed and how the background appears.
 
SLOW DOWN!
Selective color can be just fine-when the object in color is the subject of the image.
Distractions are all of the crap that is in the background. Lights, floor, wires bananas...

No control over club lighting? Who said anything about club lighting? We know there's no control over club lighting, the lighting is fine. It's the space ship hovering over his head I mentioned. YOU have control over the crap you get in the background and how it looks

I'm sorry guy, you are WAY to high maintenance for me.

Critique of your website can take a damn long time.

what do you mean? I don't have control of picking photo backgrounds when its on the fly?
You have every bit of control over how the image is framed and how the background appears.

okay well I think my photos are legit and so does everyone else in real life, maybe not on this forum b/c thats all people do nowadays is pick out little things to ruin the whole photo.
 
You're always right! Run with that!
And seeing how we don't know jack sh!t...
Have a great evening!
 
You're always right! Run with that!
And seeing how we don't know jack sh!t...
Have a great evening!

I never said you were wrong. nor am I getting paid for the photos I have taken.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom