feeding time.

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As we were visiting a nearby farm, i noticed what looked like a swallow or a swift flying in and out of the barn, so we looked in, and there they were in a dark corner when mum approached, five of the little fellas with there mouths open waiting to be fed

44350097.jpg

and i managed to get a quick shot of mum too.

44350096.jpg

its always a bit risky taking photo's of nesting birds. You can scare the mum off and they don't return leaving the chicks to stave to death. I found this out with a blue tit nest in our garden.

they see us as a threat and therefore think that its not safe to continue nesting there.

Nice pics but the babies are probably all dead now!

I doubt it they would'nt have even known i was there this was taken with my telephoto lense, way back, besides the farmer visits this barn daily, i think you are confused about actually touching the babies, that;s one thing you don't do.

Growing up there was a swallows nest in our front porch for many years. The parents returned year after year to raise another brood. They didn't mind us at all if we just walked through the porch, but if we stood around they would start swooping down at us. Regardless, they never abandoned their babies.

Mountainlander: thats an awesome colour cat in your sig!got anymore pics of it?

(personal note...i have been around nesting birds my whole life, and even if you touch a baby..the mother comes back...)

this is great shots..i really love the first ones..they look like a choir singing!!

great job, dalebe!......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back